03 April 2009

blogging incite: listing

when in doubt....list!

Top 5 Lists (or if you're feeling hilarious, then a Top 10 List) are always a successful post. why? because readers want to spend as little time as possible trying to figure out the gist* of what it is you are posting. (right dan?) so, here is my...

Top 5 List of Lists

1. The Top 5 Things I Am Into/Not Into list ~ seems to be the most popular of lists around. most bloggers post this under the assumption that a.) they have readers, and b.) they have readers that care.

2. My Top 5 Pet Peeves list ~ a blogger posts this list so that you will never do these things around this person. this is actually very hepful. for example: i know that i shouldn't tell tyler that the name of my new company is Kustom Kalculatorz.

3. My Top 5 Movies list ~ let me tell you what your Top 5 Movies should be: 1-Top Gun, 2-Love Actually, 3-Once, 4-Anchorman, 5-Field of Dreams.

4. My Top 5 Songs/Albums list ~ cool, awesome. no...that's great, seriously. i'm glad you like sucky bands.

5. My Top 5 Blogs list ~ this is also helpful. seriously. share with others what you read.

*i just found out that gist is not spelled j-i-s-t.

No comments: