10 March 2009

new perspective

i've tried blogging before. and by "tried" i mean that i have started 3 different blogs, each containing 1 post a piece, and each dedicated to a specific theme. i became exhausted by trying to be an expert on something. and that is what led to me throwing in the towel.

yesterday, my friend tyler suggested, "just don't try to make it too profound." and the light switch flipped on.

2 guiding principles to this blog: a) brevity - i don't want to ramble on about something that i have no real education or thoughts on, and 2) do i have to say something? or do i have something to say? - i don't want to add a post because it's tuesday, and tuesdays are when i usually do my blog updating. i want to write so that i can benefit others, make my friends who think i am funny laugh, and make my friends who think i am not funny more annoyed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm one of the ones that thinks you're funny

Sara said...

Agreed. Jared, I love the blog so far!